A short sale is a way to sell your home for less than you currently owe on it and avoid foreclosure.
So what is a Short Sale? Here's a more official definition:
- A homeowner is 'short' when the amount owed on his/her property is higher than current market value.
- A short sale occurs when a negotiation is entered into with the homeowner's mortgage company (or companies) to accept less than the full balance of the loan at closing. A buyer closes on the property, and the property is then 'sold short' of the total value of the mortgage.
Here is how the process starts:
- First, please give me a call.
- We will contact your lender and request a short sale.
- Once we receive an offer to purchase the property, I will assist you with facilitating a SUCCESSFUL short sale with your lender; to allow the property to be sold for less than you currently owed on it.
How much does this cost?
We are paid by your lender and do not charge you anything for handling your short sale.
Common Short Sale Questions:
- How do I know if I qualify for a short sale?
If you are late on payments or are struggling each month to make them and your home is not worth what you paid, you may qualify for a short sale. To learn more fill out the form below.
- How long does this process take?
There are many factors that determine the length of time. One reason the short sale process can take a long time is that the agent you have hired may not know anything about short sales. In this case, the short sale process can any where from 3-6 months. If you hire an experienced agent with proven results the time will be shorten greatly. Depending on your lender we are able to get them done in 30 to 90 days and we even closed one in 15 days or less!
- Does it make a difference what agent I use to do my short sale?
There is a huge difference. Make sure you are using an agent who specializes in short sales. Check out my credentials. They are not like your typical transaction, it takes much more work, facilitates communication with the lender(s) and other parties. Before hiring an agent check their track record. I have personally closed 9 out of 10 short sales! Click here to learn more about me.
- What do I need to do to start a short sale?
Call me today and I will personally walk you through the entire process.
Do Not Delay!
Timing is very critical on a short sale... especially if the bank has already started the foreclosure process. The sooner you contact me the higher the chance of success.
Don't Wait, Call Me Today: (770) 298-4437(770) 298-4437 or Fill Out the Form!